The Secret to Effortless Weight Loss: The Surprising and Easy Secrets to Lose Weight and Keep it Off for Good!

LOSING BODY FAT EASY, WITH MINIMAL EXERCISE

Have you ever found yourself feeling lethargic, looking and feeling bloated, and struggling to complete even the easiest tasks in your physical job role? If so, you're not alone. I know first-hand how it feels to be held back by excess weight, making it hard to move around, and feeling like you're stuck in a rut. And to make matters worse, there is so much false information out there about diets and weight loss that it can be overwhelming to decide how to tackle the issue.

But here's the thing: the solution is often much simpler than we think. We don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive diet programs or invest in trendy exercise equipment to make a difference. The real key to weight loss is consistency, discipline, and patience. It's about finding what works for you and sticking to it.

I learned this lesson the hard way. After years of struggling with my weight, I decided to make a change. I tried every diet under the sun, from low-carb to high-fat, but nothing seemed to work. It wasn't until I took a step back and focused on the basics that things began to shift. I started counting my calories, incorporating a very small amount of exercise into my routine (only after losing 10 kg), and making small changes to my diet. Over time, those small changes added up, and I began to see real progress.

So, if you're feeling stuck and overwhelmed, take heart. The solution to your weight loss struggles may be much simpler than you think. With a little discipline, patience, and a willingness to try new things, you too can achieve your weight loss goals and live a happier, healthier life.

Here’s a step-by-step of what I did to lose weight the easy way it could work for you too….

  1. MASTER WILLPOWER: Willpower is a crucial component in weight loss. It is the mental strength and determination to overcome temptations and obstacles that may hinder your progress. Developing and strengthening your willpower can help you stay motivated, committed, and focused on your weight loss goals. Strategies to boost your willpower include setting realistic goals, creating a supportive environment, and rewarding yourself for your achievements. Remember, willpower is like a muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it becomes. Always think to yourself “I can do this, I need to do this!” for me I picked a hard habit to kick “smoking” this opened the door for me to control my negative impulsive urges e.g. smoking, drinking, overeating…. One thing at a time until you can control your urges. If you need some ideas on how to do this, I used to tell myself “NO! enough is enough, I need to make these changes at all costs for myself and my family."
  2. CREATE GOOD HABITS/ROUTINES: Creating healthy habits is key to long-term weight loss success. While fad diets’ quick fixes may offer short-term results, they rarely result in lasting change. That's why it's crucial to develop sustainable habits that can become a part of your lifestyle. Start small by setting achievable goals, such as drinking more water or taking a daily walk. As you begin to incorporate these habits into your routine, you can gradually increase the difficulty level and add new healthy habits. Celebrate your successes, no matter how small, and don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up. Remember, consistency is key, and building healthy habits takes time and patience. Over time, these small changes can add up to significant weight loss and improved overall health. Something that I always use as a rule of thumb to help me build the habit I want is it takes 4 weeks to build a habit that lasts, so all you need to do is make it to 4 weeks of repetitive actions every day and it becomes automatic you don’t even need to think about It, and be proud you made it to 4 weeks you are outperforming many other people that are “trying”.
  3. INTERMITTENT FASTING: Intermittent fasting is a popular weight loss strategy that involves alternating periods of fasting and eating. This approach helps to reduce your calorie intake, leading to weight loss. There are different types of intermittent fasting, including 16/8 method, 5:2 diet alternate-day day fasting. It's essential to choose a method that works for you and consult with a healthcare provider before starting. I personally found that skipping breakfast and having my first meal of the day at noon worked for me. Only after doing this for 1 year, I decided to start counting calories.
  4. KEEPING YOUR MIND OCCUPIED: Keeping your mind occupied with activities like reading, painting or spending time with friends can distract you from unhealthy cravings and emotional eating. Boredom and stress are common triggers for overeating, and finding healthy ways to cope with them is essential for weight loss success. Engaging in hobbies and spending time with loved ones can also boost your mood and reduce stress levels, promoting overall health and well-being. I found that doing the jobs around the house, that you have been putting off (mowing the lawn, edge trimming, cooking dinner, repairs to the house) is a perfect set of activities to keep your mind away from the chocolate bar in the fridge, and also if you are married or in a relationship, this will benefit your relationship with your significant other, by the progress being achieved for the household.
  5. COUNTING CALORIES: Counting calories is a powerful tool in weight loss, in my opinion probably the most important. It involves monitoring your food intake and creating a calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day, leading to a safe and sustainable weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week. To accurately count calories, it's essential to read nutrition labels, use food scales, and track your intake with a mobile app. It's also important to consume a balanced diet that includes lean protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and plenty of fruits and vegetables. Here are my recommendations to make this easy.

-        Invest in a Fitbit Versa 3 or 4, this comes with an unbelievably good app that makes counting calories easy, the watch tracks your energy and calories spent during the day. Links down below if you want to buy one. 

-        LOG your food using the Fitbit app it's very easy and you will find almost every food in the selection table, OPEN APP>> SEARCH FOOD >> LOG FOOD >> REPEAT

-        Food Scales, you have to have a set of these to understand how many grams of food equals the number of calories you are about to eat. I personally bought one of these from amazon link below 

6. WALKING/EXCERCISE: Exercise is a component of weight loss. I personally hate doing exercise but for general health, it’s required. Walking is a low-impact exercise that can help you burn calories. Exercise can improve cardiovascular health, increase metabolism, and promote weight loss. It's essential to start slow and gradually increase your intensity and duration to avoid injury and burnout.

I have tried to make it easy for myself to understand and I worked out that every 10 minutes of walking is roughly 100 calories, and a kit kat snack bar is 88 calories….

SUMMARY IMPORTANT (example)

For me personally, the calories I burn every day naturally without exercise is around 2,800 calories…so I can eat 1800 calories a day. This results in a -1000 calorie deficit IF I keep this up every day for a week about 1 kg of fat will disappear each week, that’s all there is to it. Any exercise you do will allow you to eat more food and retain muscle.

 

Here’s what a normal day of eating looks like for me...